How to Join
The Louisville Grotto welcomes anybody who is interested in promoting the same goals and values of our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability. There is no test for physical ability and no obligation to participate in caving; some members have joined simply to support what we do and partake in social comradery.
As a brand new caver, the best way to join is to come out to one of our monthly meetings. We must approve all new member applications so it is important that we meet you before we can do that.
For more information on our meeting times you can view the monthly meetings page for information about how to get to the Bon Aire library the second Wednesday of the month at 7pm. If you can't make it to one of our monthly meetings you should feel free to contact one of the leaders on the contact page.
Use the following link to send your information to our chairman who will contact you using your email address (as provided on the form) with further details.
The benefits of becoming a member include:
- • A chance to go off trail into some of the best caves of the world, just in our backyard.
- • A chance to explore into areas very few have every travelled. And to be the first if you're lucky.
- • Contributing to the exploration, conservation of caves.
- • The right to cast votes in Louisville Grotto Elections and other cave democracy.
- • Official Membership Card to amaze your friends and family with!
- • The chance to learn from people highly skilled in Rappelling, Exploring, Research, Photography, Surveying, Map Making...